Account Management Pathway
I’m a bit of a social butterfly. I love to talk, maintain a schedule and follow-up. I like to check in and see people flourish. I can solve problems, think on my toes and work freely without supervision. I’m an Account Manager.
Time 2 – 5 weeks online
Date Available now
Cost Free for veterans
TYPE OF VETERAN REQUIRED
The Account Manager Pathway is a great pathway for a defence member who wants to trial sales and business development. It is also ideal for a defence member who has had experience in Defence recruiting, or general management and stakeholder engagement.
Potential Income: $45,694 – $97,866 p.a commission rate generally up to $40k
Job Stability: Low
Barriers to Entry: Low
Current Employability: High
Future Employability: High
Locations: Cities of 250,000+
Title(s): Account Manager
Companies: All Tech and Retail Companies
An Account Manager is a sales professional who performs a variety of duties aimed at managing his employer’s client relationships, as well as developing new business from existing clients. In most environments, a Business Development Executive actively seeks out new clients. Once the client has come onboard, the Account Manager takes over. Account Managers are employed across a wide variety of industries including advertising, financial services and media. As with most sales roles, these Account Managers are typically compensated with a base salary plus a commission based upon the amount of revenue generated. In most cases, they are the only company representative who communicates with clients.
As a result, it is important to deliver a positive customer service experience. This is accomplished by listening to each client in order to gain an understanding of their individualised needs, in order to direct them to the appropriate product or service.
An Account Manager has to achieve a quarterly target of sales and must also do the reporting. They are senior customer service representatives and are an important part of the sales process.
Account Managers exist in majority of industries but are growing in IT, digital marketing and advertising.
We up-skill for free to bridge skills gaps so chat to a WithYouWithMe career consultant if you are unsure about anything listed here.
- Undergraduate qualification in Business, Marketing, Commerce or IT.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in B2B business development and customer facing role.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned client accounts.
- Identifying and utilising flexible approaches to pitch delivery modes as appropriate for each opportunity (e.g. web demo, meeting, screen share etc.).
- Utilising a team mentality in the pursuance of opportunities, identifying times to involve other internal resources in the process.
- Managing internal resources (e.g. briefing sales representatives, liaising with marketing, etc.) to maximise the scope of all client solutions.
- Maintaining documentation around lead generation, follow-up and execution of opportunities.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to suit a wide range of people and contexts.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time, whilst paying strict attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Use of sales management software.