Change Management Pathway
I have always been a bit of a mover and shaker. I have given advice and I have had my fair share of bosses. I have always been a keen influencer. I have been able to take myself outside the problem, view the troubled areas and adapt my message to keep groups moving in one direction. I have convinced much higher people to adopt my ideas. I have always created strong SOPs.
I have been a solid trainer, talker and influencer. I’m a Change Manager.
Time 2 – 5 weeks online
Date Available now
Cost Free for veterans
TYPE OF VETERAN REQUIRED
If you are a JNCO, SNCO or Officer and enjoy improving business practises, processes and structures, and then persuading others to adopt the change, then you should consider a career in Change Management.
Potential Income: $95,000- $150,000
Job Stability: High
Barriers to Entry: Low
Current Employability: Stable but reliant on project
Future Employability: Stable but reliant on project
Locations: 600,000+ Population
Titles: Change Analyst, Change Lead, Change Manager
Companies: DXC, Westpac, Optus, Telstra, State Government.
A Change Manager is responsible for preparing, equipping and supporting individuals or organisations to successfully adopt change in order to drive organisational success and outcomes.
Change Managers are intimately involved with the organisational improvement and/or project management space. Change Managers will often act in consultative roles and are required to speak directly with individuals throughout an organisation about change and growth.
Almost every SNCO and Officer and even some JNCOs have been involved in Change Management and probably implemented the change themselves. Every time you have developed, implemented and trained your staff in a new set of standard operating procedures (SOPs) you are implementing change. Every time you have had to explain to a sceptical superior or subordinate why you are implementing a new procedure, or policy or equipment is important for the business to improve, you are facing change resistance.
We up-skill for free to bridge skills gaps so chat to a WithYouWithMe career consultant if you are unsure about anything listed here.
- 8 – 12 plus years in a general management and/or project management role in Defence.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation.
- A team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges.