Cyber Security Pathway
I’m a lock picker, I understand systems and I like to win. Threats and opponents must always be constant so I can feel energised and driven. I like to look for triggers, vulnerabilities and enemies locked in systems, data and environments. I work well in a team and react fast to danger and threats. I have always had a passion for IT. I can influence and I write well.
I’m strong at Offense, Defence and Conflict. I understand the big picture and I like to fight with logic, reason and deception. I’m a Cyber Security Professional.
Time 2 – 5 weeks online
Date Available now
Cost Free for veterans
TYPE OF VETERAN REQUIRED
Roles are suited for JNCOs, SNCOs and Officers from a combat, intelligence, or IT Corps/ Mustering/ Category that have strong analytical skills and an interest in IT.
Potential Income: $95,000 – 120,000
Job Stability: High
Barriers to Entry: Low
Current Employability: High
Future Employability: High
Locations: Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne
Titles: Cyber Security Specialist, Threat Intelligence Analyst, Cyber Analyst
Companies: All Banks, DHS, AFP, Accenture, Westpac, Optus, Telstra, BAE AI.
A Cyber Security Consultant (CSA) is responsible for undertaking ethical hacking. This is used as a means to identify security vulnerabilities within software and hardware systems. CSA’s then provide recommendations and solutions to reduce a company or a client’s cyber vulnerabilities and reduce the likelihood of a cyber-attack.
As this is a consulting role, you will also require strong communication and documentation skills. You will effectively be acting as a Change Manager, recommending and implementing change solutions to organisation’s cyber processes and policies.
We up-skill veterans for free to bridge skills gaps – chat to a WithYouWithMe career consultant if you are unsure about anything listed here.
• Experience across multiple disciplines including business transformation, process improvement, change management, cost optimisation and technology enablement.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience in building strong relationships.
• Strong communication skills – the ability to present your ideas effectively and with influence.
• Experience in desktop research, data gathering, analysis and reporting.
• Drafting client deliverables such as compelling reports, engaging workshops or presentations.
• Problem solving acumen.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of current accounting software systems.
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
•Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• Experience is also generally sought in experience working with legacy systems and enterprise CRM, ERP and BI solutions as well as middleware services.
New Free Program Launch: Learn Splunk and qualify for 145+ jobs Australia-wideCyber professionals trained in Splunk are in demand at leading companies around the world. More than 13,000 companies in over 110 countries use Splunk solutions, including 85 of the Fortune 100.
“WithYouWithMe are on their game in getting the stigma of being defence member broken down in the private sector. I am loving that I am learning new skills to be able to continue to deploy cyber security and the reduce risk of exposure to a prospective company.”Jayson Christian
Proudly recruiting veterans through this pathway: