UX Consulting Pathway
I like to perfect things and I pay attention to detail. I understand flow and love to watch and analyse human behaviour. I’m the guy or girl that knows where to put a door or light switch in a house and it just feels right.
I’m an influencing ninja interested in tech. I’m a User Experience Hero.
Time 2 – 5 weeks online
Date Available now
Cost Free for veterans
TYPE OF VETERAN REQUIRED
This role would be suited to veterans who enjoy analysing human behaviour and converting that into a usable process. You could be a developer, human intelligence analyst, source handler, public relations expert or psychological examiner.
This does not require prior knowledge or experience in IT or digital marketing fields, though an interest and willingness to learn is necessary.
Potential Income: $80,000-$120,000
Job Stability: Project basis but growing
Barriers to Entry: Background in software engineering makes it a lot easier
Current Employability: Growing
Future Employability: Fast Growth
Locations: Cities of + 600,000 population – Sydney/Melbourne
Titles: CX, UX, User experience developer
A User Experience (UX) Consultant is responsible for developing and implementing an organisation’s IT processes to maximise customer engagement with a product or service. A successful UX Consultant will be proficient in the following:
- Capable of translating business objectives into compelling customer focused digital marketing strategies.
- Working with a range of businesses to develop digital strategies and implementing new ideas that balance customer/user needs with objectives.
- Mapping customer journeys and recording data to define strategies to analyse user behaviour throughout various stages of the customer/user decision making process.
- UX Consultants specialise in different areas such as; digital strategy, content strategy, social media strategy, search marketing, user experience design and information architecture development.
We up-skill for free to bridge skills gaps so chat to a WithYouWithMe career consultant if you are unsure about anything listed here.
• An understanding of what makes people tick.
• Experience across multiple disciplines including business transformation, process improvement, change management, cost optimisation and technology enablement.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience in building strong relationships.
• Strong communication skills – the ability to present your ideas effectively and with influence.
• Experience in desktop research, data gathering, analysis and reporting.
• Drafting client deliverables such as compelling reports, engaging workshops or presentations.
• Problem solving acumen.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of current accounting software systems.